Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Long overdue...

Well, I have to say I've not lived up to my commitment to posting once a week. I don't have any good excuses either. Please forgive me.

I have been sick for the past month, which has caused some difficulty with my martial arts training and teaching. I've actually put martial arts on hold so that I can make a full recovery, no matter how long it takes, which hopefully won't be long. God has blessed me with health insurance over here where I can go to any doctor in town, which I've been doing just about every week to get a refill on medications. Sometimes they do the job, other times I wonder...Please pray for a speedy recovery so that I may serve Him with all my strength.

Speaking of serving, it looks like I might have the opportunity to serve at the English church that I'm going to now. They are in need of someone to help spearhead an orphanage ministry every 3rd Sunday of the month. They used to have an outreach in place, but it stopped once the person who was in charge left the country. I'm new to the church so we'll see what happens.

These have been some of the most recent events to take place in my life over here. In the past month, month and a half I've also gone to a graduation ceremony for some of the kindergarten students I've taught, and I've gone to Busan.

Here are a couple of photos of the graduation ceremony.





These guys stood up right before things got underway to point at me and say "Robert, teacher!"









I ran into these guys on their way up to graduate.








You can find more photos of the graduation at here.



Here are a couple of shots from my trip to Busan and the aquarium. I have to mention I went there right after taking medication for my acute tonsillitis. I was dazed most of the time, but still managed to have fun. Oh, and we had some amazing Mexican food in this whole in the wall.





This shot was taken right as we got off the train.












My friend Tharine looking out at the see. We all were impressed with how beautiful it was.





Here's that Mexican restaurant I was telling you about. They give you sour cream instead of melted cheese for your nachos and cheese. It took my by surprise!






You can find more pictures of my trip to Busan here and here.

Well, I hope you enjoyed this brief update. I'm going to turn in for the night. Hopefully I'll have another post in the next week or so :)

2 comments:

S said...

A Mexican restaurant? In Korea? That's... more than a little odd. But cool. I'm glad you are recovering!

Timothy said...

Well ... you certainly have many great opportunities. I pray you will get your health back completely ... you might have to slow down a bit.