Monday, February 23, 2009

Where I live...

Hey guys and gals,

I know I'm not the best at posting on this blog and that it's probably frustrating to no end for those of you who want to know what's going on over here. A friend of mine has encouraged me to write at least once a week, which I'm going to do...even if it kills me ;).

I'd thought I'd start out by sharing with you something that I should have shared way back in December...where I live. So here goes...

The gray doors lead up to my apartment. I say goodbye to them every morning around 8:30 and hi around 6:30 give or take a few minutes.

This is the local supermarket that is literally right around the corner from my house, and at which I do a good bit of my shopping.






This is 7 Valley where iSponge, my school, is located. Depending on whether or not I get stuck at the crosswalk it can take about 10-15 minutes to walk to work.



Back in January the river that is right across the street from my apartment was frozen over and on the weekends you could see many families playing out on the ice. At first I thought there were only kids out on the ice, but once I got closer I realized that wasn't the case and I thought I'd try my luck on the ice to get a few pictures :)

3 comments:

Rob said...

Hello from Novo! I'm thinking about you a lot these days. Novo seems to miss you as well. We bless where you are though. Thanks for the pictures of where you live. That helps so much to pray for you and to remember you.

More later...
Rob

wxjeff said...

Very nice, Rob. Do you use public transit quite a bit to explore Daegu? I've always wondered how I would do as an "urbanite" and whether or not that would make one (me) more effective in outreach, simply from coming in contact with more people through the day.

Russian Rob said...

My pleasure. I'm going to post once a week...at least that's my aim. I miss Novo too Rob. I'm working on something in the little spare time that I have to help pay down my debt so that I can get to Novo sooner. I miss you guys bunches.

wxjeff,

During the week I actually don't use public transit at all. I'm within 10 minutes walking distance from my work, and a short bike ride from where I take TKD. I've realized that my outreach is to those I come in contact with, mainly through work, TKD, the orphanage and those that I meet along the way at different events. I still don't make it out as much as I'd like, but I'm staying within my budget, which is the goal. I'd bet you'd be surprised at how well God could use you in the urban environment :)